Waiting for Gold

by - 10:42 PM


I've had this sheer, nude cropped top with gold beaded details for so long, I fear that it lay in my closet for half a year or more. I kept waiting for the right occasion to wear it and felt that the occasions that came or the venues that accompanied them were too casual or too glam for this piece of gold. Finally decided to throw it on over an LBD for my birthday even though we were headed to very relaxed venues.



  

I guess we treat life that way sometimes too. We hold out and wait for the perfect time or the perfect opportunity but perfect never comes. And what a sad day it is when you realize that you've spent life wasting time just waiting. Don't get me wrong, there is good that comes with waiting too. Good things come to those who wait and all that. But sometimes, you have to stop and seize the moment. CREATE your "perfect" - which doesn't really have to be so perfect. It only has to be perfect for you.

Forever 21 top and dress, CMG heels, Nine West bag

Came across this quote online and absolutely loved the wisdom it holds:

"The indispensable first step to getting what you want out of life is this: decide what you want."

So decide. And don't wait so long. Carpe diem.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I read every single one. :)